Monday, December 20, 2004

A little revisiting

This morning as I lay in bed wondering how much bigger I'm going to get in the next month, because I can barely wrench myself up from bed now, I started thinking about when this all began. It doesn't seem like long ago. I remember distinctly. I was sitting right where I am now, at the computer, typing an entry on TTCAM with a pee-stick next to me. My hubby was in the shower. I checked the stick, it had two lines, I wrote an entry on TTCAM, which may have been gibberish, while I was screaming to my husband something along the lines of "HOLY SHIT! I'M PREGNANT!" and other things strung together. I remember how badly I was shaking. How incredibly happy and how unbelievably scared I was.
Here's the blog entry I wrote:
***
I'm shaking so hard. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was positive. I cried and screamed and I'm so, so happy and so scared at the same time.So, now I'm going to pray that this is a sticky healthy one. A Beautiful February baby that shares its birth month with its parents.Dear Lord,Please hold fast to this little one in my belly. Please make its heart beat strong and let its growth be fast and healthy. Let this one make it to a healthy birth to be a child that we can raise and love for a lifetime. Please Lord, let this one stick. Amen.
***

We'll leave the neurotic ones to revisit for another time. I'm just so, so thankful that this one stuck.

Now if he'll just come out in the appropriate amount of time...long enough to breathe on his own and come home with mama and not one minute longer than that because really people I'd like to put my own shoes on, be able to bend over, sleep on my stomach and get myself off of the couch on my own! Oh, yeah, and being pregnant is killing me when shopping (at Christmas!)--I can only handle on shop at a time.

We've spent the weekend doing projects (well I've been gophering for project do-ers and sitting on the couch "supervising"---they're almost all done, though the house is torn up from it!!) I've also been sick with a cold. Yeah, that's fun, too.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I hope Liam cooperates and doesn't stay in there too long (but long enough to finish baking!). I can't even imagine being 33 weeks pregnant and trying to Christmas shop - it's bad enough at 23 weeks!!!

I love looking back at old entries I wrote when I first found out too. It seems so long ago, but also so recent. I remember everything about this pregnancy like it was yesterday.

Hope you're feeling better soon from your cold, and here's hoping that you can make it off the couch ok :) You're almost there!!!