The carpet guys were supposed to come today to lay the carpet on the stairs. Around four they still hadn't gotten here. Then shortly thereafter, they did. They worked two hours, put in the tack strip and said they'd be back tomorrow for an 8 hour day. Grr. I had plans to go pick up my armoire at Babys R Us tomorrow. Babies R Us is an hour from here. Now I've got to send my brother and dad to Van Nuys to get the armoire because I have to stay home with carpet people for 8 hours. My mom has to come here all day because David doesn't want me alone with repair guys (which is odd, because, for some reason, I didn't want to be left alone with them either.)
Tonight, hopefully, we'll order the carpet for the back two rooms and hall. *sigh* I dread that project. Emptying out those rooms. How do people have their whole house recarpeted? Where do they put their stuff? I guess it will be as good a time as any to declutter, but I hate living with everything disrupted, so I hope the project goes FAST!
I went to the mall with my mom today to help her finish her Christmas shopping. It was nice, but I spent a little too much money on myself. First there was the stop at Bath and Body Works. You all know how THAT can go....
but I needed shea butter for my stretch marks. And then there was the buy three get one free thing...
And then we were walking past this kiosk where they were selling herb filled things you heat up in your microwave and put on aching muscles (what are those called?) anyway, a few years ago my dog ate the one I had so now I've only got a plastic one which I don't like so much. I also thought it would be a great present for my dad..so I stop by...they're ridiculously expensive. I turn to leave...he puts one on my shoulders and WHAM he made a sale.
I bought the complete set...shoulder one, back one, eye one and small sinus one. I packaged one for my dad for Christmas and kept the others for me. Am I terrible?
It seemed every where we went was something I needed. I need to stay away from the shops. I'm trying to save for a new couch for our family room (if we can find one skinny enough to go through the door!)
Can't wait to get the Armoire upstairs. That room has no closet, so Liam's stuff is in rubbermaid drawers. I would LOVE to get it all in somewhere and organized.
Oh! and someone on my expecting board posted today that her friend just gave birth to a girl when they thought he was a boy. WE ARE SO IN TROUBLE IF THAT HAPPENS. Actually, the baby stuff is pretty gender neutral...its the clothes that aren't. Of course we've got some a girl or boy could wear.
I started to panic and then I thought, well if it happens to us it will be funny and while I'm in the hospital my mom will run out to the shops and buy a ton of girl stuff, so I'm not too, too worried.
But, I think he's mama's little man in there. I really do.
No comments:
Post a Comment