I cannot watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition without sobbing at the end. It is such an uplifting, sappy show. Its so funny that I can watch those 20/20 or 60 minutes specials about all the many people in the world who have heartwrenching stories in their lives, but it doesn't bring me to sob---but the makeover home show does. I guess perhaps it is because home is so very important to me and I know the difference that a welcoming, wonderful home can make in your life.
Speaking of home. We've gotten molding up around one door---one of my prized posessions an antique stained glass door. We've painted the nicks in the red living room walls. The door frames and doors need one more coat. The borders are up. The stairs are carpeted. The armoire is here (though it needs to find its way upstairs). Now its just carpet the back two rooms that's really weighing on me and as soon as that's done I can have a baby.
I wonder what they'll say at my next appointment....?
Dave is home tomorrow. WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
1 comment:
I have to admit that that show makes me cry too. Almost everything does really, but especially when they come home and see their new home - major sobbing.
Just reading your blogs with everything going on makes me tired! I can't believe how much work you have been putting into the house. When do we get to see those pictures???
Glad Dave is home now - enjoy your time together! :)
Post a Comment