THEY STILL HAVEN'T RETURNED MY CALL!
I called a little while ago and said that it had been over 53 hours since I called with my concern about cramping and I'd like someone to call me back.
The good news is feeling better. Like hell I'm going to tell THEM that. And since the cramping has been coming, going and reappearing, I still would like to know what's going on.
I'd like to know that I am going to a practice that cares about me and my wellbeing, but it just doesn't look like it now does it? Is 33/34 weeks too late to change practitioners? Is anyone going to be better? everyone in town says this guy is the best in town. Well, great.
And then I went on the Feb EC board --a girl had cramps and back pain. She called. The nurse blew her off. She finally went to L&D--lo and behold--preterm labor started. She had to stay awhile so that they got the contractions started. I'm not saying that's going to happen to me, but I'd sure as hell like to rule it out.
And then...
The water heater up and died. There's a big-ass hole in the back of it.
The estimate for the refinishing of the wood floors in two rooms and one short hallway was 3x what we expected. We've decided since we've had a lot of other expenses (tivo died, our cordless phones died, we had new phone jacks put in, its Christmas, we're getting baby stuff, the damn water heater, carpet for the stairs....) we will probably just carpet those rooms. It will be expensive, but less than the floors would be. I'm going to miss my wood floors. But, while the other rooms have finished floors these rooms still have dangerous staples and nails in some places, paint spattered on them and some jagged edges that adults can steer clear of but babies can't be around.
Does the house know that we're having a baby that is going to suck up our money and its jealous so its retaliating?
IF I were still driving, the car would break down. I know it would.
So, rather than my list of to-do's dwindling it is getting longer and becoming stuff that will bring temporary chaos into the house. I wanted everything done by CHristmas so that I could relax through January--especially if he decides to come a few weeks early.
I'm hoping my mom and dad and hubby will pull through for me this weekend and get a lot done. I wish I were physically able to do more. I am soooo frustrated.
But, I did watch Mary Poppins yesterday in my new kickass glider and that put me in a relatively good mood for a little while =)
2 comments:
Oh Kether, I can't believe how insensitive your doctor's office is being! I would be upset, too, if it were me in your shoes! (((HUGS))) I'm glad to hear you're not cramping all the time, but geez, your doctor should at least check to make sure you're okay! I hope this all works out for you.
As for the water heater, when it rains, it pours. It stinks that this is happening now, but better now than after Liam arrives, I guess. At least you can focus on fixing it right now. And just think - that's one less thing to go wrong later! ;)
Oh, Kether! I can't believe that they haven't called you back!!!! I am so angry!!! Give me their number. I'm calling.
I completely understand what you mean about when it rains it pours. I'm the girl moving, celebrating Christmas out of town, and having a baby all at the same time. And you have no idea how many other thing have been going wrong along the way!!!
Aren't we supposed to be sitting around with our feet up, enjoying every minute of these pregnancies???? By the time I have time to prop my feet up, I fall sound asleep!!!
Well, at least these things aren't happening with kids running around. We have a little while before that stress!!
(((Hugs)))
Post a Comment