Friday, December 17, 2004

But the drive is too far...

So Home Depot ordered our hot water heater yesterday and contracted out to have it put in today. This morning the contractor called and he said he couldn't install our hot water heater. I'm assuming its on account of the long drive. He's in Illinois and we're in California.
Now we're waiting for Home Depot to find a different, let's assume, LOCAL contractor.

My doctor (well, one of the three in the office) called. She said that if the cramps come again and are persistant, I should go to labor and delivery as it could be pre-term labor. Yeah. thanks for calling me four days later to tell me that. She claims she couldn't call before because she couldn't get my extension at work. If she listened to what it says when you call, you can dial 0 and the operator will put you through. And, uhm, doesn't my chart have my HOME number?
I'm hoping it isn't pre-term labor. Any time after 36 weeks I'll be more than happy to have this baby, but not before. So, he's got to hang in there for two weeks and some change. Oh my God...did I just say that? TWO WEEKS?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

LOL at Home Depot! Uh, yeah, I think Illinois is a bit far from California!!! :) I hope they straighten that out quickly!

2 more weeks...wow! Good thing they got back to you, albeit a bit late. Now Liam, you need to stay put a little bit longer. Just a bit. ;) Let your Mommy enjoy the holidays at least!! ;)

Stephanie said...

Sending lots of prayers .. need to keep that little cupcake baking for a little while longer :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Liam! Just hang on a little bit longer! What a moronic doctor. You'd think that was important enough to do SOMETHING to get in touch with you! So sorry about the water heater. If it isn't one thing, its another. Everyone said owning a home is so much fun... yeah, right.