The photographer came and took a picture of me from my fence with the house behind me. The reporter came a bit later to look around and ask some questions. The reporter loved the house. I gave her a tour of half of it. The dogs were locked in one room and upstairs we've got a half nursery/ half storage room (its got my dh's portable closet, etc that I've got to find a new home for!) that is my project for next weekend, so I didn't drag her up there. But she saw the living room, dining room, kitchen, office and bathroom.She said she loved it. She seemed particularly impressed by all the color in the rooms and the wood floors. (ha! they *really* need to be refinished). She said it reminded me of houses in Pasedena, CA (which is where I always say I'd live if I didn't live here). She asked how much I bought the house for, how much it is worth now, how much I've done to change the house, what I know about the neighborhood, what I'd like to see happen in the neighborhood, etc. I thought it went well and she is going to do some research about the neighborhood and find out its history. The only historical thing I know is that Judy Garland lived on the next block of my street when she started performing at the movie house before the shows (at age six or seven??).I was so relieved I'd been able to get the office back together and the living room dusted and vacuumed before she got here.I actually had time to have some brownies and watch a little tv before she got here.I'm anxious to see how the story comes out. I really hope it encourages people to consider moving downtown.
After she left I made a lasagna as Dave has been asking for one and he went to the store and got all the right cheeses for it. So, that will be done in an hour. After we eat, I'm going to bed! I'm exhausted from the office project this weekend. I am not going to take on anymore huge, deadline projects like moving an entire room full of crap. Except that I am because I intend to get the floors refinished in the office, sunroom and hallway before the baby comes. Good thing I already went through all my crap. It will take a lot less time to move it then. But I'm also going to make people help. Hopefully it will be in late December and I'll be huge and have all kinds of excuses. Speaking of which, I'll take a belly pic tomorrow. The last one before I cross 30 weeks.
30 weeks. OMG. I can't believe I've gotten this far. I'm so, so lucky.
1 comment:
It sounds like all of your work paid off! You definitely need to post some pictures of your house - I'd love to see it.
Please - get some help before your next project! You're working way too hard over there! You're going to be working even harder once little Liam gets here, so try to get a little relaxing in too.
Almost 30 weeks - so wonderful!!!
Post a Comment