Monday, November 29, 2004

Can the day get worse?

Our tivo died. Dead. Dead. Dead. I called their tech support (by the way, super helpful people. Right on tivo. Good training). When we finally decide that it is dead the guy on the phone says, in the most serious of tones, "I know how hard it is to hear news like this over the phone."
And in all seriousness, almost choking back tears, I said, "I know."
So, now we're looking at exchanging it or buying a new unit altogether. I'm so upset. Truly beyond how upset I should be. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye.
So then I find out that our "Welcome Home Baby" class has been changed. It was supposed to be Wednesday. When is it now? 6:30pm on our anniversary, which is Monday. And we're to "bring a doll or a stuffed animal to practice on." I'm bringing Zonk the monster. Zonk sends a message. Zonk says, stay away from us, we might be crazy--we don't want to bond or role play. I know I need the class because I do not know what to do with a baby, but I'm just not so good in those public settings where they make you all become friends and build trust in the group.
But really, the worst part is that I did not sleep well last night at all. I was in horrible, miserable pain. First of all, I think from the cold, my hips and pelvis hurt. I mean hurt. Hurt to move at all.Then, the bottom half of my uterus hurt. I know this may sound stupid, but I just couldn't determine if they were cramps or just pain. It felt kind of like I do with PMS. Kind of. And, what should happen when I'm in all this pain? Liam decides a kick fest at the point of pain is in order. Middle of the night or not. Finally I propped myself up to a sitting position with pillows and turned on the heating pad. I finally was comfortable and I woke up with that pain gone. (there is still pain in my lower back but I just think that's big, fat pregnancy pain that won't go away until I shove this kid out of my nether regions.). I contemplated waking Dave up and making him take me to the hospital. But, I just kept imagining myself in this horrid pain sitting uncomfortably in the waiting room chairs next to people with odd communicable diseases and the guy with a knife in his eye and decided that it might be better to wait at home and see if it went away. Thankfully it did. I don't want to see the guy with the knife in his eye.
I have a doctor's appointment next Thursday, so I'm going to mention it then, presuming it doesn't happen again. If it does, I might just go to the ER blindfolded with a can of Lysol.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so sorry about your horrible day. Losing tivo is awful - I couldn't live without my DVR now. I don't even remember how to use a VCR anymore!

Sorry about all the pain. I hope last night was better. Definitely mention it to the doctor and let us know what he says. Hope you feel better!

Jen said...

oooh! Sorry about the pain! The fact that it went away is a good thing though!!
Second, I'm jealous OF your TIVO! I don't even have CABLE!! haha!
Hope you can get it fixed or a new one soon!