Ugh my round ligaments hurt! Too much standing and cooking. Despite the pain, I'm really enjoying the day. The tree is up, the table is set, the stuffing is ready to go in the oven as is my baked mashed potato casserole. I have to roll out the dough for the sweet potato rolls and cut them out and let them rise and THEN I'm going to light a fire in the fireplace, swiffer sweep+vac the kitchen floor and collapse on the couch. Tomorrow is serious sitting-on-my-butt time! I don't think I'll lift a single, solitary finger tomorrow.
I stamped some cardstock and wrote my thank-you letters and put them on the plates with the silverware on top tied with ribbon. I had to cram the table and leave off part of my centerpiece and the beaded goblets I made. With six people at my tiny round table, I just couldn't make everything work. *sigh*
Oh! and when I decorated the tree this morning, I put on my "bride's tree" ornaments that I got for my wedding last year. They're from Germany and they're blown glass; each ornament has a special meaning. I'm terrified something will happen to them as they're something I'd like to have all my life. I really twisted their wire hangers on the branches!
1 comment:
Sounds like an exhausting (but wonderful!) day! Hope you're resting today! ;)
Post a Comment