Monday, November 15, 2004

My camera is here!

I am so excited. I'm going to do a whole roll of random pictures of our dogs, things in our house, etc. I will annoy any and all that stand in my way. Even the walls will tire of me.
So, yesterday I made my centerpiece for Thanksgiving (put a pillar candle in a hurricane vase suspended in acrylic water and then dropped tiny flowers in around it..also suspended in water) and then hot glued some beaded fringe to some cheap wine glasses. I'm getting ready to do the placecards and then I always write a card about why I'm thankful for each person. Its going to be a small Thanksgiving--four if bro and sil don't come, but still, I'd like to know if they're coming so I can do those things for them, too. I told my brother that today and his response was, "Then just don't do those things and then you won't have to worry about whether we show up." I told him to RSVP by tomorrow. If they want to have Thanksgiving at home or go to his FILs house it is no big deal. Just tell people. Grr. $20 says they show up in the middle of dinner with fast food again. Then I'll nail them to the wall by their ears. Uhm, I mean I'll get out two extra chairs and welcome them into my home.
In a few weeks I'm going to go get my pack n play, glider, travel system and bassinet. Dave is gone this weekend, so I won't be doing it then and the next weekend is The gluttonous Thanksgiving shop-o-rama---which usually I like to engage in, but just not at 30weeks pg. So, the weekend after should be a good time for it.
And then it will be the "little" things to buy. Lots and lots of stuff that I haven't thought about yet because it isn't fun stuff. Of course all the things that we NEED. As opposed to the 15 odd hats with ears on them that I haven't been able to resist. Money well spent, that.
Doctor's appointment is Thursday. Don't think its an exciting one. I guess at this point the "exciting" ones are the ones that scare the shit out of you, so that's not the route I'd like to go. Plain old ordinary run of the mill will be fine for me for the next ten weeks. Thank you very much.


No comments: