Thursday, November 18, 2004

When the hubby gets home, he's got work to do.

D is gone until Saturday, but then he'll have a blitz of things to do...
We're going to have all the furniture from the computer room in the living room since we're painting and re-doing that room. But, we're going to have to get it back together quickly, and then do some trimming on the lawn and sweeping of the drive, and, depending on what this woman says tomorrow, maybe some installation of baseboard and quickly tiling our backsplash in the kitchen.
I got the following email today:
Hi Kether,

Thank you for your reply. I'd like to set something up for the early part of next week, if we can. We'd also like to get some photos, perhaps of your house and any neighbors you know who might want to be included. I'll call you tomorrow morning. Thank you again for your response.

Regards,
Julie

You see, in May I sent an email to the paper's editor with a story idea about how people are moving into the older neighborhoods of town and fixing up the houses like mine. (not that we're anywhere near done, you understand). We live in a fairly new city. People didn't really start moving here from Los Angeles until the early 80s--so most of the city is relatively new tract homes. A lot of the city is brand new tract homes. Huge, monsterous (to me) 2500 sq ft+ homes (I know you all probably all live in big houses like that, but I've got a tiny 1475sq ft home). The older parts have, well, deteriorated. But, in my neighborhood people are very slowly buying and fixing up. I want more people to do that so Liam has better neighbors. Hence, my email.
Hadn't heard anything for MONTHS, and frankly, I'd forgotten I'd sent the email. Now she might want photos! Ugh! Got to get busy. At least we painted this summer.

No comments: