The organizing bug still has me. I came home sick, but laying down is not so comfortable--so what did I do? I spent the afternoon going through my files. I had one box of paper that needed to be gone through and after I did that I went through a whole drawer of my two drawer filing cabinet. I'm now down to one drawer of files and its completely gone through. I filled the shredder four times and I've got a yard size trash bag of trash.
I'm trying to go through everything in our office because my mom is coming to paint it Friday and we've got to get the furniture out so that she can do that. Then she and I will put everything back. I will be really happy when this room is in better order and a better color and completely painted.
I'm still sticking to flylady's plan and I'm even working on the "control journal" that she recommends. I'd like the running of this house to be smooth as can be when the baby comes. I'm afraid I won't have time to think then. And I don't want things to get out of control--especially since I'll have a lot of people in and out of the house to see the baby, I'm sure.
I emailed our payroll department today to see how I'm doing on leave for when the baby comes.
I have to use my sick and vacation and then I have some dock days (since I'm only an 11month employee, I take 22 unpaid days off a year--whenever I want to take them) I thought I was going to have to take a significant portion of unpaid days for my maternity leave, but it turns out that I've got 5.5 weeks of sick leave--will probably have 6 when the time comes. So I will probably be able to take 9 weeks or so...three unpaid 6 paid. Much better scenario than I thought.
4 comments:
When you're done organizing, do you want to come to my house and help me pack?? I wish that Flylady had a packing regime, too!!
I'm so glad (and jealous) that you are getting so much done!! Keep up the good work!!
(((Hugs)))
What I wouldn't give to feel good enough to do lots of cleaning and organizing. However this whole high blood pressure thing is making me feel like utter Pooh!!! Hopefully I will feel better soon.
I can totally relate to the orgnazing bug! That's all I've been doing lately is going through closets and files and such and moving everything around and making it neater. :)
Glad the unpaid leave won't be too much! I'm going to go unpaid for a bit as well when I take off - but I figure it's so worth it!
Yes, other countries have paid maternity leave - and they also have fewer women employed because companies don't want to risk that their female employees will become pregnant. Still more countries get around the paid maternity leave by paying women more than a third less than men.
Men suck, everywhere. :o)
Post a Comment