Friday, November 12, 2004

Mmm Yummy dinner

I feel good today. I think I've relaxed off the stress of yesterday. I slept in, watched some tv, went to a movie with my hubby and made and ate a good dinner (chicken in a mushroom soup/parmasean cheese sauce and a sweet corn casserole.). It was nice, warm, comfort food.
I thought I'd clean the house today and scrapbook some, but I didn't. I did start in on my Thanksgiving plans, though. I love any big eating holiday. I love to cook and I LOVE to set the table. I've been spending hours thinking of what I want to do for a centerpiece and if I wantto get some new table linens. I've been making a list and checking it twice for what I want to cook. I invited my brother and sil but, as they do every year, they said they won't know if they're coming until the day before or the day of. That makes me so mad and SOMEDAY I'm going to stop inviting them. It makes a difference if they're coming. They're picky eaters with so many dietary restrictions ...and since I do cool place settings I'd like to know how many to set. But, no, they never tell me. Last year they showed up after saying they weren't coming. They brought Jack in the Box food with them. Half way into our dinner. It was nice to have them as we had a blast playing games afterward, which is our tradition, but geez. And they sat at my pretty table surrounded by food I'd spent hours on ...with their fast food bags on the table and their fast food wrappings...
Wow...I didn't know this post was going to go *there* I guess I haven't let that one go. I'm going to stop now..

In the mail today came one of my favorite things for Liam.I saw this on the cruise and didn't buy it. Mom found it online and got it and had it sent.
His name is Zonk:

2 comments:

Brokenornot said...

Let me guess, their dietry restriction restricts them from eating anything thats not fast food.

Hello snarkyness. From me. But I had to say it. Blah. I'm in a mood.

Cute cute toy/stuffed animal thing.

Not much to say, just... Hi.

Kris
Brokenornot

Carrie said...

I'm so sorryt o hear about how inconsiderate your brother and SIL are. Dietary restrictions - humph! But they can eat fast food? I think they're just being picky pains in the rear. You'll have to take pictures of your table on Thanksgiving! I'd love to see it!

That stuffed animal is adorable! Liam will love it!

I also wanted to say (I know it was a different post) that I'm sorry about all the troubles going on at work and with everyone going to you to be the mediator with your mother. I used to work with my mother when I worked for White Flower Farm. People would always tell her to tell me things and vice versa. It's a difficult position to be in, especially in your case since it sounds like you disagree with your mother's opinion on this matter. (((hugs))) It will all work out in the end.