My parents and Nana got back from Solvang, CA yesterday. We went over to my parents house for pizza and game night and got showered with gifts for Liam. My Nana got him this dog that you pick out and stuff yourself and deep inside it you tuck a wish (you choose a small star, make a wish and put it in this pocket) and then a guardian angel to watch the baby when his mommy and daddy aren't in the room. It is such a cute idea. She named the dog Kita like her dog when she was a little girl.
They also got a growth chart wall hanging and it has pockets to put a picture of him at each stage. Also way cute. And some other stuff. I'm getting more pregnant by the day and more excited and more nervous that nothing is done. I keep seeing that ticker inch its way toward the number 30 and can't believe my eyes. A week and two days and I'll be 30 weeks pregnant. I'm simply stunned about that.
Our appointment was changed from Tuesday to Thursday. I have a feeling that our appointment was interfering with a golf game, but I suppose that isn't the most charitable of accusations. After Thursday my appointments go to every two weeks. My how time flies.
Now to get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Oh, and here's one that will give you a laugh. I have been asking my brother and asking him are you guys coming to our house for Thanksgiving, your father in law's house or doing your own thing? He has no answer. I asked them last night at my mom's and my sister in law's classic answer was, "We should do it at my house."
They do that so often. I'll call and say, "Hey, I'm having people over for pizza and game night. Do you want to come?" and they'll say, "Yeah, but let's do it at our house."
I cannot get them to understand that if they want to host something ...that's great. But they have to think of it FIRST and invite people FIRST. Not after someone else has planned something. It is very hurtful to invite someone to your house for something and have them suggest their house instead.
And I don' t think they realise how far in advance people plan things like Thanksgiving.
I really didn't mean for this to become another rant about them...yeesh. Sorry.
4 comments:
My goodness! Your SIL needs to think before she speaks! I'm a huge planner, so I understand where you're coming from - I can't understand people who throw things together at the last minute, and find it even more irritating when people try to change plans like that after all the planning I've done. GRRRR!
It sounds like you had a nice visit yesterday. The dog sounds adorable!
Not too much longer!!! :)
I can't believe that you're almost 30 weeks either! It seems like just yesterday when we were telling you to hang on that the chart looked pretty and you kept PO those sticks! I'm so excited for you! And about the Thanksgiving thing, your SIL really needs to think before she talks. Thanksgiving is never something you can just haphazardly throw together. JEESH! Where are her manners??
Everything for Liam sounds so cute! I'm sure you will be fine and everything will be ready in time. But I can't believe you are almost 30 weeks - yikes! That is just crazy that you are so far along now! Where did the time go?
I can't believe your SIL does that all the time - that's pretty rude of her and would definitely hurt my feelings as well. So what will you end up doing?
Yay, I caught up on your blog at last! :) Sorry I've been MIA. It's taking me a while to catch up with everyone. I'm so sorry about the situation with your mom, and especially that she's sick. Have things gotten any better?
Goodness, time does fly. It's really amazing...you will be bringing Liam home from the hospital before you know it!! :) I love all of the stuff you've gotten for him.
I hope everything works out for Thanksgiving. Your brother and SIL sound pretty annoying when it comes to getting together, that's for sure! Good luck with it all...
Post a Comment