A cruise is a perfect vacation for a pregnant woman. You can walk as much as you want and sit when you need to. There is plenty of food and there is a medical staff a few decks down.
I couldn't believe that I was the only obviously pregnant woman we saw on the whole cruise. Usually, I am surrounded by them. I got a lot of attention. When people would get on an elevator, they'd say "Oh! We have a baby on board!" When we were getting on the ship, they take a picture of you, and I turned sideways and everyone started laughing and one lady yelled, "Now that picture's a keeper!" I laughed so hard while he was taking the picture that I look ridiculous, but I got it anyway.
San Diego was beautiful and warm, which suprised us since its usually cooler than where we are (about three hours from SD). I got the cutest and softest baby teddy bear in SD. He's wearing jammies with bunny ears. Catalina Island was beautiful, too. We shopped at a children's store and I got two onesies. One says, "I may barf" and the other has bears on it and says Catalina Island on it. We went on a glass bottom boat trip in Catalina and while we were pulling out of the harbor the captain started to yell, "Dolphins! Dolphins!" he was so excited. To the side of the boat were some pacific white sided porpoises. We watched them swim atthe side of the boat a bit and wished we had taken the submersible boat that goes underwater instead of the glass bottom because we'd have been able to see them under water. The rest of the glass bottom boat trip was really neat. The kelp forest looks cool from on top.
The next day was in Ensenada Mexico. We didn't get off of the boat because we went there on our cruise in March and, really, its not a place you feel the need to go back to. So, we stayed on the boat and played cards and read and laid down.
Dave felt the baby for the first time while we were laying down. Liam was kicking really hard and I took Dave's hand and put it on my belly and told him to leave it there (he usually moves his hand if he doesn't feel anything right then) and sure enough, he got several very hard kicks. I think he really liked that because he started patting my belly looking for more.
When we got home, he left for work at Vandenberg, AFB, so I'm alone until Monday. I'm hoping to sew with my mom and maybe do my baby registry. We got the crib up Saturday so in a few minutes I'll be posting the pictures from that as well as our Lady Liberty and her Man photos.
3 comments:
Welcome home!! We missed you!! It sounds like a wonderful time, and I'm so glad that Dave got to feel Liam kick!!! Yay!! I'm all goose-bumpy!
The nursery looks great! And I love the parade pic, too!!
I'm so glad that you're back!!
(((Hugs)))
Hey Kether, Its wannababywolf from TTCAM! Your nursery is awesome! And you are so courageous to go on a cruise. Man, I dont know if I could brave that. But I guess with the amount of faith that you have, you can endure anything :) Hey, can you lend me some of that faith? J/K...take care and Im so happy that you are enjoying your pregnancy....
Jen www.wolfette.blogspot.com
I'm so glad you're back!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! :) Do you think you'll continue to go on so many travels once Liam is born? What a wonderful experience for him if you do!
And Liam's room is looking beautiful so far. :)
Post a Comment