From The Unproductive Reproductive:
This was taken/stolen from Journey Woman
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? 2004 was my first year as a wife.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I think I subconsciously made them this year. To be a good wife and enjoy our first year of marriage and to get pregnant and have a baby. I mostly succeeded
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my friend Andrea and her Sister in Law had babies three weeks apart.
4. Did anyone close to you die?Yes, my grandfather died.
5. What countries did you visit?We had just come home from Spain and Portugal at the end of the year. Then we went on two cruises to Mexico at some point in the year.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?A happy baby and a completed thesis.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?Jan 26-30 from the discovery of no heartbeat for our first baby to the D&C. And April 23 when we buried my grandfather. May 27 when I discovered I was pregnant. Sept. 21 when we learned we were having a boy!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?Carrying this big booger of a baby!
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?Miscarriage
10. What was the best thing you bought?omigosh all the baby stuff!
11. Whose behavior merited celebration?I have the BEST husband in the world. He has been my rock and my star. I don't know how I ever lived without him. He takes REALLY good care of me.
12. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?I was distressed over people's "election trauma" and their desire to throw away ties to their country because of who won the election. I think we put far too much into our Presidential elections and not enough into our congressional elections--where the real legislative power is.
13. Where did most of your money go? House, baby, ebay, etc.
14. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Having a sticky baby!
15. What song will always remind you of 2004? I have no idea...
16. Compared to this time last year, are you:i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? MUCH fatter!!! iii. richer or poorer? richer.
17. What do you wish you'd done more of? my thesis. Scrapbooking
18. What do you wish you'd done less of?worrying
20. How will you be spending New Year's? I spent it sick on the couch.
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?Yes, with our booger bear Little Bean Liam.
22. How many one-night stands? Omigosh! I'm a married woman!
23. What was your favorite TV program?I'm a TV junkie. Let's see. What do I tivo? Gilmore Girls, CSI (ONLY Vegas), The People's Court, Friends, Wife Swap, Futurama, Extreme Home Makeover, Desperate Housewives...
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?Hate? No.
25. What was the best book you read? I've been re-reading old standards that I like so I can't think of any new ones that I liked particularly
26. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery? There is no discovery. Its all the Cure. All the time. Well, ok, not all and always..
27. What did you want and get?baby
28. What did you want and not get? thesis (I know this is my fault.)
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Harry Potter number 3 maybe. Shaun of the dead. I dunno we didn't go to many.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 31 and we went to Monterrey CA to celebrate our birthday (same day).
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have finished my damned thesis. (What did you say? That I should log off of blogger and work on it instead? You're a bully!)
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?materno-wear. I haven't really cut my hair. Haven't dyed it. Haven't had my eyebrows waxed. Haven't worn my pretty heels. Now I'm just in sweats. Its been sad. I think I'm going to beauty it up next week. Actually cut my hair and get my hi-lights back. I miss all that. But 100% of my energy has gone to kiddo.
33. What kept you sane? My husband and The Sistas
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?I've really no idea
35. What political issue stirred you the most?a Local bond measure for the campus where I work.
36. Who did you miss?My Popop
37. Who was the best new person you met? I would say "met"--All the women from TTCAM and Blogland. They have been invaluable for my healing.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004That I am in control of my life--and that peace can come in the darkest of times.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful BOY!
2 comments:
I love this list! So fun to read. I may have to steal it and use it for my blog too. :)
I love to read things like this. I hope you don't mind, but I have taken this from you and used it as well. :)
Post a Comment