Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Update.

I went in and my BP was high. Last week it was 108/something and this week it was 150/something. When the doctor came in, he looked at my chart and said "Do you have any questions?" and I said, "Yes, should we worry about that blood pressure?" He looks at it, turns around and says, "Yes. we have to do a battery of tests. Thanks for bringing that to my attention." Coupled with the swelling I've had in the last few days it doesn't look good. Add to that that my pelvis is too small and we're looking at a c-section no matter what. He says depending on what all the lab work says, we'll either do a c-section in the next few days or on the 24th. So, we're scheduled for the 24th unless my labs show the need to do it sooner.
So, I went to the lab and they took blood. Now I have to do a 24hour urine collection. I have to collect every drop. And keep it in the fridge. So, I guess I'm not going to work tomorrow.
Then we go in for Fetal Monitoring on Friday.
I'm hoping that everything is ok. But, in a week and a half, no matter what, Liam will be here.
weird, eh?

6 comments:

Christine said...

What, you don't want to collect urine at work??

Hey, hang in there. It sounds as if it's anything, you're catching it very early. Your doc doesn't sound worried.

(((Hugs)))

Carrie said...

Oh Kether!! (((HUGS))) Get that bag packed NOW! And make sure your wonderful husband gives us updates...it sounds like Liam will be coming into the world SOON!

Carrie said...

And don't drink out of the wrong jug tomorrow ;)

anyone said...

Hi Kether,
I'm so excited for you. Sounds like you're keeping the doctor in check. I can't believe that he overlooked your BP! Make sure that he does what you want to him to,because you know your body better than anyone else.

Where I live (different medical system) they hate you to change doctors and make it really difficult. I always think its like shopping - if I don't like the store, I won't go back, and I don't have to justify my decision.

Not that you're having that type of problem with your doctor. I'm just blathering on... I think the cold medications are going to me head!

Anyway, you take care of yourself and baby Liam!

Lauren said...

OMG Kether! I can't believe Liam will be here so soon!

I'm sorry that the appointment didn't go so great and wasn't the news you wanted to hear, but in the end, a healthy Liam is all that matters!

I can't wait to see those precious pictures of him!

Anonymous said...

YAY!! That is so exciting!! Liam is going to be here sooo soon! I can't wait to see the pictures!! OMG I am sooo excited!!