test.
We had the fetal monitoring today. Pretty cool to hear his heartbeat thumping and echoing through hallways. It was good and strong, though these days it appears to be in the 135-140 range instead of the 150s like he has been. My heart would stop when all of a sudden there was nothing. But, then we'd hear a bunch of bumping and he'd move around in my tummy, his heartrate would disappear, race up to 160, disappear adn then once he settled again it would be there in the 135-140 range. But, you know what a worrier I can be.
This afternoon they called us and told us that our C-section is scheduled for Monday Jan. 24 at 9:30am. We have two more weekends to call our own before our home is the home of a family of 3. I have 9 days (don't bother to correct me. I never count the day I'm in or the day something is happening. Its my own system.) Tomorrow I'll have 8. 8 days until I'm a mom! OMIGOSH!
Dave said it will give him time to get the car seat in the car.
I'm really sad about my shower tomorrow being cancelled...err...postponed. There was no reason to do that. And while I'm thankful that my friends and family worrying about my health and safety like that, I really am, I feel jipped of the opportunity to have a shower before the baby is here. So, tomorrow I told my mom she has to take a picture of me with a couple of little onesies and stuff up against my giant tummy.
2 comments:
you have always been a mom .. once you have nutured an embryo in your body no matter how long it was ..... you are a mom but you will be a mommy in a few days .... glad to hear it ..
I have to agree with the pp in that you've been a mom all along since your very first. (((HUGS))) But I know what you mean, too. Darn, I was wrong on my guess when Liam would be born! :) 2 more weekends to get everything done and then you'll have that squirmy little baby in your arms. Best wishes!!
Post a Comment