I'm not scared anymore. The fear seemed to disappear in the hospital. Until they discharged us. The discharge scared the crap out of us. They go through all this stuff to watch for, etc. and you sit there thinking "Can we stay until he's 18?"
The worst part was when they said we should keep the booger sucker (you know, those ball things you squeeze and suck with...) with us rather than in the, say, diaper bag because he could stop breathing. I thought Dave was going to have a heart attack. He got a bunch of extras and now they're all over the house. In fact, there's one on top of the bassinet, because the basket under the bassinet was a split second further away. Its SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute. I pray we don't have to use that thing, though, because truth be told it scares the crap out of me, too.
Then the ride home was terrifying. When we got home we were like, "Now what?"
But the fear is gone. I mean there's still the whole what if kind of thing that weaves in and out of your mind, but the mind blowing Oh-My-God-what-was-I-thinking-thinking- that- I could- be a- mom fear is gone. I think I can do it.
2 comments:
Yay, you're confidence is growing!!! :) I think everyone goes through those moments when they first become parents. Eventually you grow comfortable with the idea of being responsible for another being's life and learn that you were *made* for that challenge. Best wishes!!
Oh, Kether, that's great! Now just remember when your family gets there to stand firm!! Every female will proceed to tell you how to to this and that and what you're doing wrong.
Just smile and walk on. You're not doing anyhting wrong!
-Blue
PS: You and Liam look fabulous
Post a Comment