Saturday, January 15, 2005

Bad day

Apologies to those who read this. I think I'm hormonal and a little frustrated.
I'm truly bummed about my baby shower. I also have so much to do around the house. I haven't given it a really good cleaning in quite some time because its so exhausting, let alone the fact that I can't bend very well.
And the people I love are just not helping me. My mom kept saying that she didn't want me to do it. She wanted me to rest, rest, rest. Blah, Blah, Blah. Every time I do something she chastizes me. So, she said she'd do it. She came over to do it, laid down on the couch and watched tv. She has a cold. Then she said she'd do it yesterday. Came over, barely did anything and left to go see Elektra. I feel so frustrated because on the one hand I dont' want to seem ungrateful, but on the other hand SOMEONE has to do it. And if they won't let ME do it, then someone else has to do it. My dad said "No way am I going to help clean your house." (wasn't that nice of him?) and my husband...well...he does soooo much. He'll pick up. He'll cook. He'll do a lot of that stuff. But as for cleaning...I think he just plain doesn't *see* what needs to be done. I don't want to be a nag and I know I'd end up following him around pointing and nagging and I think I'll just do it myself in bits and pieces over the next few days.
So, then some friends of mine were going to come over to give me my gifts that they were going to bring to the shower because they want me to have them before I go to the hospital. Sweet. I know. But, I didn't feel like seeing anyone. And I haven't cleaned the house. They came by, but I didn't answer the door because it was noon and yet I still hadn't dressed, my hair was standing on end and I was covered in flour because my husband and my dad had been asking me to bake them cookies for weeks and I finally felt like standing upright--and felt like a cookie would hit the spot, truth be told. I feel really badly about not answering the door. But, I am just in a really shitty mood.
Then, because I am not having my baby shower, my mom had said we'd go out to lunch and do something special and buy the last of the things I feel I really need. But, they backed out of that, too. And I cried and cried and my husband kindly said, "I thought someone died" because of how I was crying.
Do you ever have one of those days when it feels like all the good people who really do love you just let you down? That they just aren't even trying to get it?
Maybe I'm just being a selfish baby. Maybe my hormones have hijacked my body. Maybe the anxiety of the change that is coming is pushing me over the edge, but still I do want this to be about me. And I still think that's fair.
Liam still kicking in there. He's moving a lot less than he used to but when he does its quite a happening. He's still pressing on my pelvis, which is such an unpleasant feeling and I've got these new back spasms. I'm just ready to have him. Ready. I have loved the miracle of carrying him in me and being the only one in the world that could feel his movements inside and the specialness of all of it. But, its really wreaking havok with my body and I'm so very tired.
Hopefully the next time I blog I'll be in a better mood.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hormones are a bitch. And you are feeling shafted and edgy .. and you have better things to be doing right? Like preparing for a baby!!! It's going to be okay. As for the house cleaning .. that sucks that no one is offering to help out. But I know how it goes .. been on bedrest for like 5 weeks and have a 2 year old tornado .. picture my house!!! Scary huh? Is there anyway that you could hire a one time house cleaning visit? Say 50$ or so worth of peice of mind?

Carrie said...

Oh Kether, I understand. (((HUGS))) It's so difficult when you need others' help the most and they just don't come through with it. I hope you're feeling more up when you read this, but I'll understand if you're not...you've got a lot going on right now and it's not just hormonal. Best wishes sweetie...it will all work out! (((HUGS)))