Thursday, January 06, 2005

What do you think I need?

For those of you who have been there and done that..or those that just are brighter than I am...
what do you think that I just can't live without for a newborn?
(Trust me, Toni, I know I need those sheet saver things. That I know from experience working in a nursing home--I learned VERY quickly to use a few pads so that I didn't have to do entire bed changes often.)
But what else do ya'll think is invaluable? I'm talking toys, equipment, furniture, everything....

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Some kind of baby carrier .. either a baby bjorn or say a Maya wrap sling. This is for those days when baby wants to be held 24/7 and mommy needs to have 2 arms that function. The fisher price cradle swing was also a life saver for us. It swings front to back or side to side however you turn it to. It's the best. One of the few places Chip would nap other than on me for quite a while. Bassinets are great for beside the bed so you can nurse easier in the middle of the night and diaper changes too.

Linda said...

I guess this isn't a necessity, but Alyssa really liked her bounce chair. It had a vibrating function that really soothed her. And then when we started feeding cereal, she wasn't able to sit up in a highchair yet and the bounce chair was also great to feed her in.

Another thing we didn't think of at first was night lights for her room. We have to keep her bedroom door closed because of having two cats, but we still wanted some light for her and then for us when we wanted to peek in on her.

Hope this helps! :)

MrsEvilGenius said...

Simethicone gas drops! Trust me on this, lol!

Mylicon is the brand name but Wal Mart has a generic that is fab. Good luck!

-Blue

Anonymous said...

If you plan on breastfeeding you'll probably need Lanolin. While I was learning to bf my nipples got really sore and chapped so that really helped.

April2Pearson TTCAM