After an entire pregnancy of no hair dye, only one haircut, only one eyebrow wax, no more cute shoes and clothes, well you get the picture... It ain't pretty...
Today I caved. I got my hair chopped off in a really flippy, choppy cut. I had it like this at one point last year and I really like it. Thought choppy would be good for labor and delivery. You know just fluff it up and take the pics of me and the kid. Then I got my eyebrows waxed and then I hi-lighted my hair. I feel *so* much better. Its amazing what a little time at the salon will do for you. I also got new glasses because mine were old and crappy and I'm terrified they'll take away my contacts at the hospital and I won't be able to see my baby. I dunno why I have that fear. I just do.
Getting all that done was so incredibly relaxing. I feel like I've had a massage and day at the spa. And ooooh I miss getting pretty! So, I'm ready for hospital pics. I guess I can pack the bag. Yeah, still haven't gotten around to that. I keep saying I'm going to do it tomorrow morning before my doctor's appointment. Tomorrow I'm 37 weeks. Can you believe it?
I was talking to my aunt tonight and my cousin's baby was 5lbs 15oz at almost 41 weeks when he was born. Yeesh. Liam is almost two pounds bigger than that at 37.
So, tomorrow my big dream is that they tell me I'm 80% effaced and 3cm. What they will tell me is that I'm closed and thick. *sigh* Just watch. He's going to make me go 41 weeks and be 10lbs.
NO, NO, NO Liam. You come home to mama NEXT WEEK!
3 comments:
It feels so good to get pampered. I think that is something I might have to do very soon.
Can't wait to hear what the doc says!! Keep us posted.
Good for you for taking time out for yourself!! You SO deserve it!! I want to see the new hair!!
37 weeks!! WOW!! Look how far you've come!! I, too, am so grateful that we've had each other along this journey. I'm so glad that we've been able to share this! And now, we will both be jumping into a new chapter of our journey!! You first, you jump first, and tell me how the water is, K??
Can't wait to hear about your appointment!!
(((Hugs)))
Hey Kether..Congratulations on your beauty treatment. Move over Farah Fawcett, here comes Kether!!!! havent posted in a long while to you, but ive been reading your blog and getting excited for you. Hey, have a quick question? How do you get your blog to have a list of other blogs that you read in the side bar? I have been searching and searching to do this and cant find a way. Can you visit my blog and jot me a comment on how to do it? Thanks a bunch and PACK THAT BAG will you?
Jen (wannababywolf from ttcam)
Post a Comment