Not much time to write right now, but I am, indeed, feeling better. Not cured, but better. We went to my brother and sister in law's last night. Watched Pirates of the Caribbean, wore stupid new years hats and drove each other crazy with noisemakers while I coughed and sneezed. I think we all lasted until 10:30pm and left, not before taking pictures of the whole family at our "midnight"--I did stay up until midnight to kiss David inbetween hacking coughs and steam showers.
This morning, I woke up feeling better. I could actually move around without feeling like I was dying. So, we met my family at a bistro downtown where the tradition is to show up for brunch in your jammies on New Year's Day. It was fun. I got new jammies yesterday for the hospital bag so that's what I wore. My mom took pics of me at the buffet in my jammies and I have a fear they're going to tell my kid, "By the time your mom was in her ninth month she didn't even bother getting dressed to go out"
All the waitstaff and customers were in jammies. Some people have some hilarious slippers.
This next year I'm going to HAVE A BABY!!!
I have no idea how much life is going to change. I keep trying to imagine it but I just can't. Its soooooo weird.
1 comment:
It's going to be the most amazing thing you have ever done in your life. No matter how much you love that little baby right now.. when they put him in your arms .. you will truly understand the real meaning of "love at first sight". Your heart seems to swell to be about 10 times the size it was before you held him. I can't wait !!! I am so thrilled for you!!!
Post a Comment