Monday, January 03, 2005

Belly anyone?

Well it was time again to catch the belly on film. Here I am. You can see how much he's grown in five almost six weeks.
Today we had an appointment with our pediatrician. I'm going to have a pediatrician! It seems so surreal. He seems great. Very proactive. Concerned enough to stay and listen to our questions and take as much time as we needed. Suggested a couple of reference books. Suggested we be nice to the nurses, bring them sees candy and try to score extra booger suckers from them because the kind they have at the hospital they don't sell commercially and they're the best.
Tomorrow I have my 36 weeks appt. I'm anxious to see if I'm dilated at all because I sure as hell feel like I am. He also seems wedged in my pelvis. I also have to have the strep B thing and hopefully, crossed fingers --eyes--toes, we'll find out how big he really is through an ultrasound and maybe see how long they figure he is planning to stay at Hotel Kether. I started to cry in the shower this morning because it HURT so badly--walking, sitting, laying. Just hurt. I felt like my hips were going to rip apart like a wishbone and my ass hurt and it was hard as hell to just get downstairs. I called my mom and said, "This baby needs to come out!"
But not yet. David is sick and has to work this week. I hope my family can run through the flu before Liam gets here.
Will take nursery pics later tonight and post either tonight (probably since its Monday night football...) or tomorrow.

4 comments:

Christine said...

You look so beautiful!!!!!

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. I hope that Liam joins you soon!

((Hugs))

Carrie said...

You look fabulous!! :) My back and ass hurt already...you mean it's only going to get worse??? ;) Seriously, though, good luck at your appointment! Here's hoping Liam joins you soon, waiting just long enough for the illness to pass through your family. Best wishes!!

Lauren said...

Crud! I'm blocked from seeing your belly shot at work because of the website it is on. I'll have to try to remember to log on from home. I'm dying to see you!

Sorry you have been so miserable. I know that you know how worth it that it will be in the end, so I won't mention that :) Especially since I have no firsthand knowledge of how bad it will get - yet.

Hope your appointment went well today! Let us know if you have dialated! I can't believe you're 36 weeks!!!

Anonymous said...

You look TERRIFIC! I'm so sorry you're in pain! You will soon realize how worth it he is! I can't wait to see the nursery pics and get an update from your appointment! (you can't see me, but I am clapping and jumping up and down! It's almost time for Liam to be here!!)